Desert Hello

  • Thread starter Thread starter rlynch131
  • Start date Start date
R

rlynch131

Guest
reader706.jpg



Just thought I'd introduce myself. This is my 79 Bronco, 400, C6, 33's, no lift and a balst to own and drive.

Originally got it from a buddy in the Navy for $600 bucks. Put some work into it and a new front clip, and had it for about ten years now.

I will NEVER get rid of it.
 
Welcome to the B Zone!
That is a very nice looking truck. It is always nice to see a stock truck that looks that good every once and a while. Any plans to upgrade her or do you plan to leave it stock?
 
She's upgraded to the point that she originally came with a 351M.
She now has a 400, edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock performer carb, headers, with a 4 1/4 " single exhaust w/high flow cat. WARN hubs, & The tired 44 and 9" have been rebuilt, replaced the front suspention bushings( 2 degree), and a new steering box.

The only complaint I have is the brakes @#*k, for the lack of a better word, I want to be able to stop the 5K + lbs of metal, and the stock brakes just can't do it.

Next stop is rear disk....

Love this truck, bullet proof, strong, and great looking. Ford did it right with the 78-79 bronco.
 
Thanks!!!

I'm debating weather or not to get her streight & painted. She's not too bad, but she has definately earned her keep, and it shows.
 
Northern Phoenix

I've put my share of Arizona pin-striping on her.
 
nice place to go wheeling, love the prescott/kingman/crown king areas. Plenty of roads and prospecting areas to test the fortitude of your bronco
 
Howdy & Welcome!!! You AZ dudes have some great areas to offroad and don't have to fight the rust like we do in Texas. I have an eye open for a 78/79 Bronco, which I think is the best one ever made!!! Keep it stock as you can, they command a great value!!!
 
Thanks for the hello,

There's one here in the AutoTrader for $1500, 351M, original owner. Looks like it's in decent shape. Thinking of getting it for spares.

Couldn't imagine ever selling mine. Especially for $1500!!
 
welcome,lots of guy from az it seems.hust get out there to see what its like!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top