4WD SUV's are getting to be very popular these days and people are wrecking them more than they need to be. Why is this? I think it is do to "Driver Inexperience". Most new SUV owners think they can do anything with there 4X4. The truth is they can with the proper training however, the only training course I have ever seen was put together by Jeep for there new owners and I have not heard anything about it in a few years so I don't know if it is still around.
I wish the Federal Highway Administration and Department of Transportation would get together with the Department of Motorvehicles in all states and offer some kind of SUV training course to anyone that owns an SUV much like a defensive driving course. This course should teach people the dangers of an SUV, what they can and can't do & offer a hands on driving course so they don't make the same mistakes many others have made.
The current defensive driving course will give people a 10% reduction in their insurance rates and remove some points from there license.
I don't think the points reduction is good for this course but the 10% insurance reduction would be a great idea.
I know Jeep owners pay higher insurance rates for their CJs and Wranglers because they are "off-road vehicles"
This is just an idea I have that spawned from another post that I didn't want to go too far off topic.
So what do you all think?
I wish the Federal Highway Administration and Department of Transportation would get together with the Department of Motorvehicles in all states and offer some kind of SUV training course to anyone that owns an SUV much like a defensive driving course. This course should teach people the dangers of an SUV, what they can and can't do & offer a hands on driving course so they don't make the same mistakes many others have made.
The current defensive driving course will give people a 10% reduction in their insurance rates and remove some points from there license.
I don't think the points reduction is good for this course but the 10% insurance reduction would be a great idea.
I know Jeep owners pay higher insurance rates for their CJs and Wranglers because they are "off-road vehicles"
This is just an idea I have that spawned from another post that I didn't want to go too far off topic.
So what do you all think?