Dead Fuel Guage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shivesy
  • Start date Start date
S

Shivesy

Guest
My fuel guage in the Bronco just went over to the empty side. I thought that it was empty so I went and filled it up. It took just 4 gal. and she is full of gas but the guage is not moving. Any help on this? Please!

93 Bronco, 302, E40D,
 
your sender probably went out or an open in it's wires occurred. I can't remember where the fuel gauge sender is... it's probably in the tank... do you have any wiring diagrams? if so, find it's wire, turn the key on and see if voltage is going to it. preferably check it at the sender to eliminate any opens before the sender.
 
On the 93, the sending unit is integral with the fuel pump inside the gas tank. A new unit is about $120, requires dropping the tank to replace it, too.
 
Mine always says it's full. I don't want to do all that work or pay that to fix it, so fk it. I do what the previous owner did, go 200 miles and fill up. Then reset the trip odometer. Leaves some gas in the tank and it's just enough that you don't spend too much when you fill it up.

I know I'm not spending a lot of money just to fix a gauge when I can do it manually. Plus I can keep track of my gas mileage. If I have to fix it, I'll wait until the fuel pump goes dead.
 
Hey 88pimpin, I have to do the same thing. Mine is on empty, but I just reset the trip odemeter and put less gas in it. I also say f--k it, cuz im a poor college student. Does anyone know what else could cause this, aside from the wiring???
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top