Misfit&89TazMan
New Member
Hang with me, have alot on my mind- Eight years ago (daughter was 2) I came across a great
deal on a clean 89 E'Bower (Divorce-Reduction Sale - LOL) My Ex-and I were in College at the time. The 16/17 year old bruiser has gotten me through school, divorce, re-kindle, a second and soon 2 B 3'rd Child, many of Salmon Seasons and has even collided into a buck "@55 mph" w/only one days labor to repair damage. However, I am finally in the position to purchase a new P-up (After treating the women in my life w/new cars :-B ) Wrong- after the F-150 test ride, Her big brown eyes-tears and all, "Daddy, please dont sell Taz!" I shook the dealers hand and closed the deal(once again- no newcar smell for Dad.) Truth is, Taz-man is the longest memory the poor kid has dated back to her car seat and binki. She still falls a sleep in the back seat at the drop of a dime. So, now it has become a sentimental thing mixed in with pride. (I would love to throttle one of these new trucks packed with low end tork and major Peak HP, on or off road.)
More Tech History,
I Continued my Ed-U-Mac-ation So that I wouldn't have to bust my Knuckles- WRONG Again...Divorce Kicked In, "The Courts own yer-butt now. You will never be that financialy comfortable, you dumb bastered"
In Short, with this stock bronco, Im damn near Certifiable. LOL Sooooooooo.
40K in Past, 351W Typical Rebuild".030-RV Cam", New Cooling System, Rebuild C6, Posi Rear.... Oil changed every 3K-Babied. The rebuild was done before its time for reliability. Last month, went out to start, water in exhaust. Broke'em down to find a leftover bonus-mechanic special-Busted Torque bolt (wasn't me), from intake other half in Pass -side Head. Yep, Fun. Also the block looked as though it hadn't been tanked, the freeze plugs are already dissolved even with distilled water 50 mix-Once again, babied. Put back together all new felpro from the bottom up through the plenum. No-scarring to pistons :-" Lucky..
This was the only problem I have had with this truck. Been good to me... So its time to thank the old ford and make a long term project.
Once I have all my ducks lined-up (knowledge-quak-quak), I am going to pull the block and trans, starting fresh. I know the 93' F-250 had an optional 460. w/OD Tranny. Does anyone know if ford used a C-6 for this Application?
Would it be worth it to go with a 460 stroker for major gains or should I stay with a short block application? I am aware of time and EXPENSE. I just need to know what is the best possable aplication for reliability and out right adrenaline.
Any advise would be appreciated. Oh, My kid says Hi. (Bless her heart)
Hows that for an intro, Mr. ChatterBlock (runs in Family) :blush:
More Tech History,
I Continued my Ed-U-Mac-ation So that I wouldn't have to bust my Knuckles- WRONG Again...Divorce Kicked In, "The Courts own yer-butt now. You will never be that financialy comfortable, you dumb bastered"
In Short, with this stock bronco, Im damn near Certifiable. LOL Sooooooooo.
40K in Past, 351W Typical Rebuild".030-RV Cam", New Cooling System, Rebuild C6, Posi Rear.... Oil changed every 3K-Babied. The rebuild was done before its time for reliability. Last month, went out to start, water in exhaust. Broke'em down to find a leftover bonus-mechanic special-Busted Torque bolt (wasn't me), from intake other half in Pass -side Head. Yep, Fun. Also the block looked as though it hadn't been tanked, the freeze plugs are already dissolved even with distilled water 50 mix-Once again, babied. Put back together all new felpro from the bottom up through the plenum. No-scarring to pistons :-" Lucky..
This was the only problem I have had with this truck. Been good to me... So its time to thank the old ford and make a long term project.
Once I have all my ducks lined-up (knowledge-quak-quak), I am going to pull the block and trans, starting fresh. I know the 93' F-250 had an optional 460. w/OD Tranny. Does anyone know if ford used a C-6 for this Application?
Would it be worth it to go with a 460 stroker for major gains or should I stay with a short block application? I am aware of time and EXPENSE. I just need to know what is the best possable aplication for reliability and out right adrenaline.
Any advise would be appreciated. Oh, My kid says Hi. (Bless her heart)
Hows that for an intro, Mr. ChatterBlock (runs in Family) :blush: