Dash Removal

Bonehead

New Member
New to the site want to know if it is possible to remove dash on a 76 bonco
and what problems i mite incur thanks or the help
 
It can be done. Best way is to follow instructions in service manual from ford. If needed I can copy section and send to you-Rick :lol:
 
It can be done. Best way is to follow instructions in service manual from ford. If needed I can copy section and send to you-Rick :lol:
 
It is actually fairly easy to remove it. You want to pull the steering column first so that you can get up in there to disconnect things easier. But for the most part, and if I remember right, there are 10-12 major bolts and 8-10 minor screws holding the dash on. There are the ones under it on either side that are bolted to the kick panels (2 holding the dash & 2 to the kick panels). Then there are a couple at the top holding the face to the door jamb (these are under the weather stripping). There are 2 more that are holding the window frame & dash together. Finally, there are 7-10 set screws that hold the padded dash to the dash face and one holding the pad to the back of the window frame.....which reminds me, you might have to remove the hard top if you have one....there might be one more bolt under the padded dash in the center of the windshield frame....I dont remeber because it has been almost 5 years since I had mine apart this far.....Anyway, remove all those and your dash will virtually fall off. Be sure to remove/disconnect all your wiring. Especially the heater controls because you cant get it away from the tub without these being disconnected. Like I said before, remove the steering column to get the thing off a lot easier. The steering tube will come out easier than the shaft will because if I remember right, you have a rag joint at the bottom of the tube. I have a 72 so I am not sure of the particulars in your column vs. mine. 73 they changed the column linkage to accomidate the power steering units......hope this helps
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top