Dash Lights

arbymiller

New Member
I have a 73 highboy. A problem that has perplexed me since I acquired it 5 years ago is that the main cluster dash lights, speedo, fuel, oil, temp and alt, are dim to the point that they are difficult to read at night. The rest of the dash lights are fairly bright, but the main cluster is just dim. Bulbs are all good. Any clues would be welcomed. Bob
 
this maynot work but try to clean the bulb and socket connections on the lights that are dim, they maybe corroded
 
It is probably because the filaments in the small 194 bulbs have weakened and barely work now..or the Blue Filters that cover the bulbs have become fogged up from heat.

I suggest you do the LED upgrade from www.hipoparts.com
 
I have a 73 highboy. A problem that has perplexed me since I acquired it 5 years ago is that the main cluster dash lights, speedo, fuel, oil, temp and alt, are dim to the point that they are difficult to read at night. The rest of the dash lights are fairly bright, but the main cluster is just dim. Bulbs are all good. Any clues would be welcomed. Bob
ur dash panel circuit board could be going bad or your cir. board voltage reg. is going bad
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top