Dana 60

  • Thread starter Thread starter brianmelnikow
  • Start date Start date
B

brianmelnikow

Guest
what dana 60 disc brake conversion kits are availible? which kit is the best and which uses ford parts and are easy to find repair parts if necessary?
 
The way I did mine was I took some 1/4 inch plate cut circles outta it the size of the center of the caliper bracket from a 1979 dana 44 3/4 ton front . The calipers are dual piston so they are plenty strong enough to lock up a 39x18x16.5 mickey thompson . I cut a 3 inch circle in middle of bracket and the drilled the hole patter for the original front cast mounts to bolt too . I then cut off the old backing plate mounts and squared up my new brackets on the axle and found the location that thye had to be welded on to the axle tube . With that done I used the front rotors off a 79 3/4 ton with the caliper mounts and dual piston calipers . Not a bolt on deal and you need to know how to fabricate but can be done pretty cheap and have it work very wel . No parking break but how often do you ever use that anyway . There is a guy on ebay selling a kit which I bought one of them for the shortbox ford im building right now . Ill see how well it goes and maybe do a step by step for here . The brackets I think were like $70 bucks well worth it if it bolts on like he claims . Uses parts from that nasty G word. But iltll work. Hope that helps :D
 
I did mine a little easier. I took dual piston caliper brackets off of the front of an f-250 they have to be the 4 and 1/8 inch hole or it wont work and than I stuck them on the rear and squared them up marked the holes and drilled them out bolted them on and used the hub off the front of the truck and they work great if you want to see a detail of what I did go to projectbronco.com and go to links and personal home pages and then to kevens then look for the conversion I used origonal parts for that year! You have to use at least 16.5 inch tires so you can have them balanced. Any question you might have just ask and I will send pics and answer whatever I can!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top