Dana 60 Rear Axle

  • Thread starter Thread starter fordmudder
  • Start date Start date
F

fordmudder

Guest
Hi, I have an 87 ford f250 extended cab pickup I just bought 2 weeks ago and I broke the rear axle shaft already showing off to my buddies that the truck would roast 40in swampers on dry pavement.The truck came originally with a diesel engine but I got it with an older 460 already swapped in it.I have 2 Dana 60 axles out of a 78 and a 79 ford and the splines on those are way more fine than the ones outa this truck.The ones I have are the same diameter as my 87's , but have either 31 or 32 splines and this new truck I got(the 87) has 16 splines. I checked the carrier and it says Dana 60 on the ring gear but I noticed the carrier is an after market limited slip. I have been to several junk yards and they all have the 31 spline axles. I don't know where else to look or why the splines are so different. Any help would be appreciated Thanks !!!!
 
I have 3 dana 60,s outta 79 3/4 tons and there all 30 spline axles ( might wanna recount to be sure ) I also have one on an 84 3/4 ton that has the same 30 spline shaft . In 1987 im pretty sure that ford gave up on the dana 60 and everything in the 3/4 ton went to the ford or sterling 10 1/4 which kinda looks like a 60 . That might be what you have . I beleive all the dana 60,s have a 60 cast into the webbing on the case not sure on that but think i read it somewhere . Might want to do some research on the sterling 10 1/4 though to see if it matches up to what you have . :D http://www.usgear.com/tl/ford2.htm http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/53998/
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top