Dana 44 Ttb Passenger Intermediate Axle

  • Thread starter Thread starter grantdcol
  • Start date Start date
G

grantdcol

Guest
Hey guys, I searched through the forums for over an hour and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I need to know the exact length of the passenger side intermediate axle on a dana 44 TTB system (possibly the same as a D50?). This is the axle that goes from the splined slip joint outside of the differential, to the U-Joint at the passenger wheel. Ideally the measurement would be from the center of the hole in the yoke for the u-joint to the end of the splines.

If you're wondering why, I'm building wider Dana 35 beams for my ranger and want to use OEM parts for their cost savings and replaceability. I have an extra complete Dana 35 TTB system which I'll be extending after the radius arm mount. The amount I'll extend them will be determined by the difference between the stock D44 TTB and D35 TTB intermediate passenger axles. Then I'll only need one custom axle - the one for the driver's side from the differential to the u-joint.

From what I've found, the D44 and D35 both use 297 u-joints, and have the same number of splines in the center slip joint.

Thanks,
Colin
San Luis Obispo, CA
 
Come on guys, out of all you bronco owners, NOBODY has ever had to replace their passenger axle or ever measured it?

I've read the D44HD is 24.5"
I've also seen measurments of 24.98 to 25.5 for varying other versions of the D44 TTB, so I'm trying to reach a concensus.

I need the lenth of a D44 passenger side intermediate axle with 297 u-joints.

Thanks again,
Colin
 
You talking about the axle stub coming out of the pumpkin?

I just snapped mine off. Sucks because I have to take the whole TTB apart just to release the 'c' clip to get the stub to slide out. That aggrifies me! Looks like i'm not using 4wd for some time now!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top