Dana 44 Front Axle

  • Thread starter Thread starter pratt1
  • Start date Start date
P

pratt1

Guest
what year 1/2 ton front axle spindles will fit my early 70's dana 44 with drum brakes?
 
An early Bronco with factory knuckles should have a 6 bolt spindle....
full size Ford trucks use a 5 bolt spindle.
You will need to find Chev(10 bolt or D44) or full size Cherokee/ Wagoneer (D44)spindles to do a disc brake conversion. I have heard of people using Dodge (D44) complete knuckles out for the brake conversion, but I do not know what parts or years are involved.
 
All the tech articles I have read say a 72-76 1/2 year model K10 blazer or C-50 4X4 will work if you only use one lock ring.Check out www.broncoFix.com under the article "New shoes for Alice" Good step by step guide. Listing part numbers and years needed.Also parts suppliers.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top