dana 44 axle

ohvjrod

New Member
I have a '78 1-150 with a dana 44, true-trac, and 4.56 gears. I broke my axle joint and it took the stub shaft yolk with it.
question #1: I should be able to take both axles out (short,long,same side),and still run the truck in 2wd right? Question #2: what should I put back in there. options: stock shafts w/ox joint, chome moly shafts w/spicer joint,
warn shafts W/spicer joint? $300 limit?
 
ohvjrod said:
I have a '78 1-150 with a dana 44, true-trac, and 4.56 gears. I broke my axle joint and it took the stub shaft yolk with it.
question #1: I should be able to take both axles out (short,long,same side),and still run the truck in 2wd right? Question #2: what should I put back in there. options: stock shafts w/ox joint, chome moly shafts w/spicer joint,
warn shafts W/spicer joint? $300 limit?
[snapback]16409[/snapback]​

you could yank shaft and vrun in 2wd but you'll risk loosen fluid in diff. If you unlock hubs and run in 2wd you'll be fine with broke shaft staying in.

Replacement shaft is up to you. If you can find a good stock shaft it'll work fine. I couldn't find stock shafts in my area, So i replaced it the the Warn with spicer joint and . I haven't had any trouble with it.

the pass. side long shaft in Warn cost me $199.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top