Dana 20 Transfer Case

  • Thread starter Thread starter scrub
  • Start date Start date
S

scrub

Guest
I own 1976 bronco and am experencing problems with the transfer case. It regularly jams up or won't shift at all. Once in gear it functions properly. Is this a common problem with the dana 20 transfer case? Is there an easy solution to fix this problem?
 
I have had problems shifting mine, after toying with it for a while I finally got it to go in. It is a real pain to get it in though. Heard that those twin shifts for the dana 20 work really good, dont have one but maybe someone here may have some input. I would like to see. Good luck! :D/
 
J shifters are sort of in a class of their own.But if you haven't already tried,try working some grease up around the ball on the bottom of the shift lever where it pivots from side to side and back and forth.Worked real good on mine.
 
Upon removal of the transfer case I discovered that with wear the end of the shifter would pop out of the guides. I simply extended the shifter by welding on a similar sized bolt and then ground it down to match the original size.
This seemed to remedy the problem. Thanks for the input guys.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top