Cutch Fork Problems 351M/400

77Kustom

New Member
I have a 79 F150 with a 400 backed by a NP435 and NP205. I had to replace the clutch set and throw out bearing about 20K ago. I have not had any problems untill just before christmass. For some reason the top clip an the throw out bearing came undone and the clutch fork dropped down and would ride on the opening in the bellhousing. It is still works, but the weird angle make the clutch pedal about three times as hard to push down. I have pushed the fork back up into the clip several times now, and it will hold for a few days and do the same thing. Any one have any suggestions on a fix. I'm not to crazy about having to drop the tranny and t-case again. Please help
Thanks
 
well if it comes off the pivot ball would it not force itself off the throw out beaqring also?how far have you got it adjusted out?did you break any clips?if you don't fix it you are gonna screw up the throw out bearing if not break the fork.
if you've got it on the bearing and in the pivot and everything is in line you shouldn't have any probs did you do anything diff or run into strange probs?
 
you gotta have something outta line is why i ask i mean it worked for awhile now all the sudden it won't check all you linkage again and get ready to pull it back out if that doesn't do it.
I have seen a newer style slave cylinder on an older truck the one like the rangers have it make take me a few days but i'll find out if you are interested.
 
I had some time last night, and dropped the tranny and t-case out, and found that the pivot point on the bell housing is worn down to the point where the pivot ball won't stay on it anymore. It looks like I may have to make a new one, or see if anybody makes them. Does any one have an idea on how to make it, or were to get one. I'm thinking about using a grade 6 or grade 8 bolt, and cupping out the head of it with a carbide, but I'm not sure if the old pivot will come out yet. If you have any ideas, let me know
Thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top