crumbly instrument cluster

westerner

New Member
Hey fellas! New to the forum, and I can't wait to talk to ya! Not new to the old Fords, family tradition going way back. My buddy has a 78 F-250 and his dash lights are very intermittent. We get in there to find the plastic housing the light sockets bite on to pull up tight to the printed circuit are as tough as dried up cottage cheese. (tastes better, tho). Is this the AZ heat, or a common problem? Can I find a cluster that does not have this prob? Thanks in advance!
 
Hey fellas! New to the forum, and I can't wait to talk to ya! Not new to the old Fords, family tradition going way back. My buddy has a 78 F-250 and his dash lights are very intermittent. We get in there to find the plastic housing the light sockets bite on to pull up tight to the printed circuit are as tough as dried up cottage cheese. (tastes better, tho). Is this the AZ heat, or a common problem? Can I find a cluster that does not have this prob? Thanks in advance!
I've had lots of old fords over the years and I only seen a few fall apart like that and yes you can find them in good shape. Look on e-bay 73-79 trucks or 78-79 bronco.
 
I've had lots of old fords over the years and I only seen a few fall apart like that and yes you can find them in good shape. Look on e-bay 73-79 trucks or 78-79 bronco.

Thanks, Mike. I saw quite a few on ebay, and I'll get after 'em. Glad to know they aren't all dead!
 
if you might still be looking,i have one i will sale


I might be interested in your instrument cluster. My 79 Bronco has a crumbly cluster as well. As long as yours has the regulator, printed circuit and the lights worked before removal. I'm in Tennessee. Price?

Randy
 
hello all. you guys dont have to buy the expensive ones from there go to any wrecking yard pay 35.00 bucks for the hole cluster and get one from 80,s ford vans there the exact same. now you have to get the same thing you have with our with out idiot lights or gauges ive changed out a dozen this way and the van ones are almost always in perfect condition you can move your speedometer right in its place to keep the miles the same happy hunting to all.
 
I have a few that are in Mint shape that will SELL

You can also buy the replacement plastic cluster back for $80.00.

I want $50.00 usd for a complete cluster
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top