Hi,
I have a 95 Ford E350 van with a 460cid. The engine coolant temp gauge doesnt move from COLD. I removed the connector plug from sending unit and grounded sending line, temp gauge moved right to HOT, so I think gauge itself functions. I replaced the sending unit (located next to distributor and having only one wire terminal) twice now, still no movement. There was plenty of coolant flowing out when I replaced the sending unit so I believe the manifold port is not clogged. Also, heater blows hot, radiator heats up. I have burped the radiator to bleed out any air. Still....the gauge is not responding when the vehicle is warmed up/driven. What am I neglecting to check?
Thanks,
Ken
I have a 95 Ford E350 van with a 460cid. The engine coolant temp gauge doesnt move from COLD. I removed the connector plug from sending unit and grounded sending line, temp gauge moved right to HOT, so I think gauge itself functions. I replaced the sending unit (located next to distributor and having only one wire terminal) twice now, still no movement. There was plenty of coolant flowing out when I replaced the sending unit so I believe the manifold port is not clogged. Also, heater blows hot, radiator heats up. I have burped the radiator to bleed out any air. Still....the gauge is not responding when the vehicle is warmed up/driven. What am I neglecting to check?
Thanks,
Ken