converting 1980 f250 from 2wd to 4wd

matpasch

New Member
Sorry, I searched old forums but couldn't find a past hread on a probably beating subject. So here we go aain.

I have a 1980 F250 2wd with a strong 300 and rebuilt 4spd and clutch. The truck needs alot of front iend work, pulling I beams, replacing kingpins and bushings, tie rods etc. But rest of truck is great, little rust, strong runner etc. So I was wondering how much more time and cost it would take to swap over to 4wd axle and transfercase etc. Are the 2wd and 4wd frames and front ends copatible, or would there be a lot of fabricating etc.

If any one nows where to point me in the direction, just wondering how big of job, or do I just bite the bullet and get a 4x4 truck???

thanks
mat
 
hey ive helped a friend with this same kind of thing. we did a 1989 150 2wd. we went to a junk yard and pulled a solid dana 44 out of a 1976 bronco. the axle fit right under the truck. the radiuss arm brackets needed moved farther back the frame, but that was not that difficult. the hardest part was fabricating a steerinr system that would work under a load without any failure. the whole job was pretty easy. sorry i dont know the total price of all the parts, and we did all the work by ourselves. hope this helps.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top