CONVERSION

HMOR2005

New Member
Hello, i am new to the forum. I am trying to get info on converting my 95 F-250 from 2wd to 4wd using an axle from a late 70' s Bronco. I can buy the axle, trans. and transfer case and all other hardware from a friend at a good price. I am a little concerned about the trans though. He has a C-4 with transfer case and I have a C-6.Would i be better off to change my tailshaft etc.., or use the C-4 ? Am I losing torque or anything with the C-4 ? Has anyone done this and had good results. Are there any usual problems that may occur that should be expected ? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks
 
Should go with a 3/4 ton axel (10.25 or Dana 60 Min) the old Bronco axel is likely a simi float, would be wiser to go full float and you should stick with the C-6 or an E40d that is upgraded... just a thought
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top