Compression Braking

texan79&96

New Member
i havent had much of a chanec to drive my bronco off road yet but i always use my 5spd in my f150 to slow me down really steep hills. will the 3 spd auto be of any help at all goin down steep desents? what shift kit/ coolers/temp gauges would yall recommend for the c6?
 
I never had much luck with them slowing me down much. They will work to an extent, but I don't think it will do what you want it too. I tore up a couple of auto trans. playing in the mud, for me they just don't take the punishment that a standard will! (I am biased though I prefer a standard any day)
 
When I'm off road and coming down a steep hill, I will put the transfer case in 4 Low and the tranny in low, this slows me down enough so that I don't ride the brakes. I have not had any problems with this hurting my tranny or my engine.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top