Comparing 351w To 302

Sewerrat

New Member
Hi guys, I've actually got (2) questions that I need help with. My situation is that I'm planning to replace my Bronco's tired 302 with a 351W and have found two engine in my area. First one is from an E350 van EFI. Can I swap out the EFI an convert to carb ??? Then I also came across a 77 F250 which the owner says is a 351W, but he isn't sure?? How can I tell if that engine is indeed a 351W and not a 302 just by looking. I will appreciate any ones info. Much Mahalo (Thank You)
 
Hello you can tell a 351 from a 302 a couple ways . One is the oil pump drive shaft in a 302 is a 1/4 inch hex while the 351 is a 5/16 hex . A 302 uses 7/16 head bolts and a 351 uses 1/2 inch head bolts . Then theres the intake at front of motor measure the intake,s width from head to head the 351 is a couple inches wider . Hope this helps :D
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top