Codes Pulled And Then Dead Battery?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thewily1
  • Start date Start date
T

thewily1

Guest
Anyone have any experience in which they pulled the codes, as per the Haynes manual's instructions, and then experienced a dead battery?

A little background is needed I guess, so here goes. Have a 90 FSB EB w/302, automatic trans., new battery (as of about a month ago). Also, pulled the codes about 3 days ago, went to start it up this morning and nothing happens (no turnover, no ticking of the solenoid, nothing--the needle of the batt. charge indicator guage barely moves). Started fine immediately after test--just let idle for a while cause I missed some codes. And has not been started or driven in the time intervening between the end of the test and this morning.

For those unfamiliar with the Haynes process for this, it involves connecting a jumper wire between the self test input (STI) and pin #2 of the Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC), turning the key in the ignition to the on (engine off) position, and then recording the codes that flash out via the check engine light.

Is it possible, that somehow I caused a short somewhere, that in turn allowed the battery to discharge? Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
 
Dumb questions but you did remove the jumper wire and turned the key off right? :-"
Did you leave your radar detector on? What about the dome light?
I know all simple stupid things but I have had problems with my radar detector. :blush:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top