Clutch Rod

lukeyboy60

New Member
My 69 bronco clutch rod broke the other day. The rod that adjusts the play in the clutch petal, bullet shaped head with two nuts on it. My bronco came stock with a straight 6 and the previous owner put an awsome 302 V8 in it. My question is, is there a difference in clutch rods between the v6 and the v8? Is this maybe it broke? Thanks.
 
You're lucky, mine had a homebrew threaded rod with a washer brazed on the end when I got it. It broke and fell out one day, of course it was when I was plowing away from home! I rigged it together for the day then had the maintence department at work machine me two good ones.

To answer your question, I'm not sure. I think they are the same because they are adjustable so if it were a matter of the 6 being shorter than the v8 that could be adjusted out. Diameter should be the same but I can't say for sure. I also seem to remember dealing with the same set-up on my first truck, a 79 F-150 3-speed.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question.

Later,
Jeff
 
I think they are the same. To be sure, go to Jeff's Bronco Graveyard site and look at Parts, should be able to tell for sure then.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top