Chrome Wheels

  • Thread starter Thread starter cleo
  • Start date Start date
C

cleo

Guest
I recently purchased a Bronco that has aftermarket chrome wheels on it and I would like to paint these wheels do I need remove the chrome and if so how do I get it off?
 
If you want the paint to stick you'll want to remove the chrome. The best way to remove the chrome is to sand blast them. Even after this the paint can still chip off easy. Power coating them is the way to go. If the chrome wheels are still in great shape or can be easily cleaned up (SOS pad best I've found to clean em) sale them to someone looking for chrome wheels. Them buy the painted wheels of your choice. The painted cost less then the Chromes do.
 
I do have some pictures of the Bronco with the rims on it but I do not have a digital camera and used film so if I scan them and then post the file will be extra large. If someone knows of a better way to do this let me know.
I would like to put black rims on the Bronco and Txquadhunter is right sand-blasting them is not an option when painted rims will cost me only $40.00 each.
 
I agree, sandblasting is too much work. If you click on the link in my tag-line under my Bronco description it will bring you to my truck, from there you can join FullsizeBronco.com and put photos of your truck up and let us all see the progress.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top