chrging system problem

rogmit

New Member
I RECENTLY TOOK A ROAD TRIP TO MONTANA, ON MY WAY I ENCOUNTERED AN ELECTRICAL CHARGING SYSTEM PROBLEM, IT QUIT CHARGING, SO I REPLACED THE PIGTAIL FOR THE ALTERNATOR AND A NEW 90 AMP ALTERNATOR,I'M STILL HAVING A PROBLEM WITH IT CHARGING, I'VE REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR AGAIN AND THE BATTERY,STARTER, AND CABLE ENDS. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?



[email protected]
 
Are you sure it is not charging? It could just be the meter circuit. Have you put a meter on the battery when the engine is running? You should see around 13.5volts. If it is not charging you will see the battery voltage gradually drop. If you turn on the head lights that will either confirm that it is the charging system or not.
Good luck,

:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top