Chassis Flex

EB Bronco

New Member
I went off-roading this past weekend in some very uneven terrain. Basically, it's a bunch of beach sand out in the woods that has been dug up with a back hoe leaving 6 foot wide by 4 foot deep holes. I just added a bunch of pictures in my gallery album called Toys for Tots if you want to see them. How much flex should I be getting out of my chassis. I had 3 different times that I couldn't open my driver side door because of flex. It would only open 3 or 4 inches. Is this common in a Bronco?

Roger
 
I never had this problem in my 89. The one piece body should keep the frame from twisting unlike a pick-up. Have you checked all the body mounts for tightness?

You can always add some extra braces to help the frame from twisting.
 
I hade that problem in my 79, but I found that the old rubber body mout bushings were bad, replaced the with poly and have not had that problem anymore.
 
Wow I havn't ever had that problem with my 93. I'm with the other guys ck all your body bushings/mounts etc. The only other reason that I could imagine that would do that would be some sort of body lift, and it doesn't appear that in your pics that you have one. Good Luck ;)
 
I have never replaced the body mounts and being in Michigan for 10 years has probably had its toll on the rubber mounts. I'll check them out. I wouldn't mind going to a 1 inch body lift anyway. Thanks for the input.

Roger
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top