charging and starter problems 96 f150

jaymack

New Member
Where do I start? My problem started with with the starter not disengaging, that starter died so I replaced it and the solinoid on the front fender. The new starter was tested when I bought it and was good. When I stared it again the started would not disengage and I noticed the battery was low and the voltmeter is just above 8, I didnot notice the voltage problem before but wasn't looking either. So I drove up to the autoparts store exchanged the solinoid and put that one on, same problems. The autoparts store then checked the battery with it in the truck and it was low on charge but still good they then checked the charging system with the truck running and it showed a problem. I bought a new alternator which they tested for me and it was perfect. I installed the new alternator started it up and no differance I still have the sme problems with the starter and charging system.......1996 f150 4.9L 4x4 manual trans......any Ideas???? anyone please.
 
Where do I start? My problem started with with the starter not disengaging, that starter died so I replaced it and the solinoid on the front fender. The new starter was tested when I bought it and was good. When I stared it again the started would not disengage and I noticed the battery was low and the voltmeter is just above 8, I didnot notice the voltage problem before but wasn't looking either. So I drove up to the autoparts store exchanged the solinoid and put that one on, same problems. The autoparts store then checked the battery with it in the truck and it was low on charge but still good they then checked the charging system with the truck running and it showed a problem. I bought a new alternator which they tested for me and it was perfect. I installed the new alternator started it up and no differance I still have the sme problems with the starter and charging system.......1996 f150 4.9L 4x4 manual trans......any Ideas???? anyone please.


simple DIY shots first;
ignition switch is faulty
flywheel is burred
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top