changing rear-ends

tri-power mike

New Member
8.8 in my 85 f-150 broke. I have a 85 bronco w/a 9'' and would like to put the entire rear-end under the f-150, including the larger leafsprings. f-150 leafs are 2-5/8'' wide and bronco's are 3'' wide. The mounting brackets on the frame to attach the leafs are narrower than those on the bronco. How can i make this work without changing the mounting brackets? Can i grind some material off of the sides of the leafs to accomidate the smaller brackets? Also what about driveshaft length? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! thanx.
 
If im not mistaken your 8.8 is a VSS. On the top of the diff. is there a plug? If so the 9" won't work. With the VSS inside the diff. there is tone ring for speedometer& cruise control.
 
I didn't believe the VSS was until the 92+ models, because I have been told my speedo gear in my tranny.

But the rear ABS you would lose for sure. (if you have it)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top