Changing Oil Grades

  • Thread starter Thread starter KNine
  • Start date Start date
K

KNine

Guest
I am considereing going from 10-30 to either a 10-40 OR 15-40 with my next oil change.I am also going to add a 1/2 quart of power punch. The truck has just over 154k on it and it looks like it is starting to burn a little oil.


Any reasons why i should not do this.

Thanks
 
That probably won't do much to improve burning oil. Sounds like a ring problem developing. Could be a good time for a rebuild. You should be able to get a short or long block from someone like AutoZone for around $900.00 with your core in return. However, I use 10-40 in the summer all the time since it doesn't thin out as much under high heat, but then I don't burn oil either :D .

Good luck,

:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top