Centech Wire Harness Problems - Blinkers

  • Thread starter Thread starter 74EBinIDAHO
  • Start date Start date
7

74EBinIDAHO

Guest
I have just finished replacing my whole wire harness with a centech harness from JBGY. Everything worked first time except the blinkers. When I select left turn, my rear left blinker flashes, like normal, but both of my front blinkers flash. If I select right turn, the same thing happens, I get the rear right signal as I should, but both front blinkers flash. I have replaced the column harness(turn signal and horn harness) and double checked my grounds at both front blinker housings. All running lights work correct as do the stop lights. Any ideas. Thanks :wacko:
 
Sounds like a "power" side wiring problem.
Could the front signal/ marker light wires be crossed somewhere in the harness?
With your marker lights off, when you step on the brake pedal, do the front marker/ signals come on?
 
I would contact the place you bought the harness from, to see if they either have a fix, a place to look for crossed or touching connections.
Odds are it is something very simple, since you aren't popping fuses or meltng wires.
 
Thanks for the ideas, I have checked most of my connections and haven't found anything. I have called centech once, but I'll try them again. I agree, I think its should be something simple.
 
I figured it out. The centech harness is wired for either hazard switch, column or dash. I did not have the dash wires properly insulated since they were not used. ( Mine is on the colomn) I taped them up better and it fixed my problem. Thanks for the help.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top