Carburetors

Spencer

New Member
So my F250 either needs a new carb or rebuilt. I was wondering if the stock Motorcraft 2bbls are any good or if i should put a Holley 2bbl on it. The Holley i like is a model 2300 500 cfm with a manual choke. I dont know anyting about the Motorcraft other then its the stock 2bbl with a automatic choke. I was curious what yall thought would be the best choice.
 
So my F250 either needs a new carb or rebuilt. I was wondering if the stock Motorcraft 2bbls are any good or if i should put a Holley 2bbl on it. The Holley i like is a model 2300 500 cfm with a manual choke. I dont know anyting about the Motorcraft other then its the stock 2bbl with a automatic choke. I was curious what yall thought would be the best choice.


motor craft two barrels are good carbs. i like my holley 500 on my 400 runs great as long as you know how to tune one and set the floats. you will have many years of good service fron holley just make sure you have a good fuel filter. there a little more picky on getting dirt in the needle valve and flooding out over a motor craft
 
Which one would you say is a better off-road carb? I saw that Holley makes these spring loaded off-road needle seats that will go in the 2300. Im kinda leanin toward rebuildin the Motorcraft if itll do good on angles and steep hills cause it would be cheaper...thats the way id like to go. Unless will out perform it...you think the Holley 2300 500cfm will make the truck run stonger and be worth the money?
 
Visually outside and numbers they are IDENTICAL

2 ways ONLY to tell the difference

1) Measure the stroke if the piston
 
my race car had a holley 2300 on it i hated that carb everyday used on a dirt track lots of bumping and such it constantly had to be played with. mine was moded and such so not the same but thinking if not as said set perfect it will cause problems.. i like the edlebrocks after years of messing with all kinds i stick with stock or edelbrock over a holley but that is my exp with them
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top