Carburetor woes

BlueOval390

New Member
I have a '73 Ford F-100 Ranger with a 390 4 BBL Holley and I had it rebuilt a few months ago. Got the carb back, put it on and the truck fired right up. Did a little adjusting and it still idled high. Came back to it a month or two later and the truck wouldn't start. Checked to make sure that the fuel pump was working and it was. Poured gas down the carb to give it a little kick start, started and died. Kinda scratching my head a bit.
 
I have a '73 Ford F-100 Ranger with a 390 4 BBL Holley and I had it rebuilt a few months ago. Got the carb back, put it on and the truck fired right up. Did a little adjusting and it still idled high. Came back to it a month or two later and the truck wouldn't start. Checked to make sure that the fuel pump was working and it was. Poured gas down the carb to give it a little kick start, started and died. Kinda scratching my head a bit.



did you check the fuel filter?
 
Accelerator pump in carb. could have froze up - maybe a cheap rebuild? If it won't stop idling high that's an indicator that the carb.'s screwed up at the throttle plates. Maybe they threw them in upside-down? Easy mistake for an amateur rebuilder.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top