Carburator Choking?

  • Thread starter Thread starter waterfowler
  • Start date Start date
W

waterfowler

Guest
I have experienced that the carb on my bronco seems to drown itself out when ever I get it on an incline?? I have tried to fix the problem but I just can't seem to get it right. Please help me. Let me know about any ideas you might have that to what is leading to the problem? Thank you very much.

Mike Reed
Reno, NV :unsure:
 
May need to adjust the float levels. Many carbs will still flood out when you get it in much of an incline. That's a good reason to convert to EFI, or what Holley claims is so good about the Truck Avenger.
 
hmmmm since i put on the elctric choke i havent drowned out once on an incline. before i put it in however i was stalling on steep inclines all the time unless i hit the hill with enough speed to begin with. now i can crawl up just about any hill.
 
Good point, make the sure the power lead and relay for the electric choke are working (if applicable).

I was thinking of scrapping mine on my Holley #4180 for a manual choke, like on the Edelbrock #1405 on my Chevy, but it seems to give more trouble than the electric on inclines. It's a new carb, too.

One thing I did temporarily while my elec. choke was not working was to tie it open with a wire. If that helps out, then you're on the right track.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top