Carbs

  • Thread starter Thread starter wade
  • Start date Start date
W

wade

Guest
I have a 72 bronco roadster i built 2 years ago with a reabuilt 302 i have a 600 holly on it i have had so many problems with it,its a new one, the power valve i have chaned 2 a year and about every 3 times i drive it i have to adjust it, i was told by several people to throw it over the fence and by a etlbrock carb they work great. what do you guys think.
 
I also had a Holley 600 and IT IS JUNK, so I "threw it over the fence" and bought a Edlebrock. The Edlebrock has been a better carb than the Holley but it tends to load up on inclines and the Bronco will die. I have heard alot of good things about the Quadrajet that BC Broncos is selling but am not sure weather I am just going to go ahead with a fuel injection set up, or try another carburator. I know this is probably not alot of help but use it for what it is worth.
 
I have had very good luck with the stock Motorcraft 2brl, electric fuel pump and clean filters.
 
Exactly... specifically, the Motorcraft 2150 carb. I had one on my Bronco, and never once stumbled, died, or had any other problems. I almost wish I hadn't sold it. If oyu can't find the 2150, I would recommend the Edelbrock 1406, since even the smallest Qjet would require much smaller jets, to make it usable on the 302
 
i don't understand what kinda problems you might of had,but the holley carb is a very versitile carb that is extremley easy to adjust and modify.if you keep having to replace pwr valves there might be something else wrong.i've been running a 600 with some off road mods and a 10 dollar power vale saver in it for years and have had no problems.maybe you should adjust the floats,make sure you buy a genuine holley kit,baffles,float extensions,what ever your needs i'm sure we might be able to figure it out.
IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD DO IT right?just cause people have had probs with stuff don't make it junk.
 
I think you have to much carb and not enough engine 600 cfm,s of air is way way to much for a stock or mild 302 engine. a big block 351m with 350 horses would use maby 600 that more like 450 to 500. advantage to an elderbrok is that it varies the cfm,s that is why it seems to be better. if you go down in jet size you may get it to run better or go up in cam grind & hi octane fuel. I run a prediter street carb its very costly about $400.00 but prediters are basicely mechanical fuel injection. is it only pumps the amount of cfm,s the engine needs and gets great gas milage.
 
I went with the Q-Jet 600 cfm from BC Broncos and it works awesome at all angles! My Edelbrock worked well as long as I was on flat ground only.
 
wow i have a 660cfm edelbrock 4bbl and i can climb damn near a 60 degree angle. i would never buy a holley. crap i would sell it if it was given to me.
 
just picked up a 670 truck avenger from holley it sure wakes up my little 68 bobtail expensive but soon found it was worth it i have used 600 / 750 just are not designed for inclines
 
I have a Holley 4180 carb on the 84 Bronco(351WHO) and an EdelBrock 1405 on a GM350V8 in a 85K-10. Both give trouble on occaision when at an incline. I think the carbs are actually close to the same, just with slightly different guts.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top