Carb settings

cchavez06

New Member
I have a 73 ford F-100 with a 390 and a Carter AFB 625 cfm carb on her. I recently tried to get it through emissions and was running way rich due to the 95 jets I had in there (came with the motor). I down sized to a 89 jet and a smaller rod that was said to fit the 89 jet and noticed that it runs funny. I start out accelerating and from about 500 rpm to 1200 rpm it runs great and then it some what vapor locks until I just whomp on it and take off like a bad our of hell. Also with the change I noticed it made my trans shift different as well. With the 95 jets it would shift fairly nicely through all the gears. Now with the 89s I have to accelerate to get it to shift into the next gear. How come it does this? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top