Carb Jetting

Bully Bob

New Member
Stock veh., stock eng., stock 2 brl carb.
Question...what is the correct jet size for say, 5000 ft. & below? (I'm at 2500ft.)
The book says 43F's, (High altitude 41F's) Mine has 48F's.
I have a 302 stick, converted an to automatic C4. Runs fine...just thinking I could improve milage with proper jetting.
Thanks,
Bob
 
Believe it or not if you put a 4 barrel carb (edelbrock 600) on you bronco and keep you're foot out of the gas you will get better gas milege and more power compared to the stock 2 barrel. As far as the jet size if the books say to us a different size than what you have I would use the smaller one. Unless you're engine is'nt stock.
 
Thanks,
I've done the 4 brl thing & understand all that. (have had 5 EB's & still have two)
I'm just not sure why these jets are apparently larger.... or, if the book has it correct.
Looking for someone who has a stock set-up & knows his jet size and/or knows what they should be.
Bob
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top