carb for a 390

bvergin

New Member
I was wondering what kind of carb i should get for my 390 engine? I bought his engine from a guy and it didnt have a carb, it has a 4 barrel intake. I plan to use the truck for a weekend driver and maybe a little bit of offroading but I dont plan to push it to hard.
 
I would look at the carbs at LMCtruck.com. They have remanufactured Holley and Motorcraft 4bbl carbs that were factory installed that would probably fit your application.
 
the 390 I had once had a 4bbl holley double pumper from the factory. find one refurbished or get a new one about 650 or 750 cfm.

ford knew what they were doing when they built the 390 FE big block. that motor broke the frame of the truck we had it in.
 
I recently put a Holley aluminum "Truck Avenger" 770CFM on my 460ci and it is the best carb I have ever had. I do street and trail driving and so far it seems to work great. Also, it is extremely easy to tune if you don't like the factory settings which are pretty dialed in as it is. Good luck!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top