Carb Connections, Vacume Lines

brentusbrutus

New Member
I have a Motorcraft Carburator 2 Barrel, and I am wondering how to correctly attatch my vacume lines to and from the Carb. Can anyone give me a schematic on how to do so,. I know that I have two rubber hoses that come from my carb with Bolts in them to block some passage of air..

Help?
 
The best guide is the emissions sticker on thr front right side next to the radiator support bracket. It is color coded to indicate what the function of different lines are (sample attached, the one I use for my 351W).

Red is main vacuum.
green is EGR control.
Pink is control for the thermactor valves (air pump system, ACV & BPV).
Orange is Heat control valve control.
yellow for distributor.
Black is not too solid, but used for evaporative emissions control and as you can see on the diagram randomly used elsewhere.

It is not possible to give you an exact diagram for your truck as they differ according to the emissions calibration for the region the truck was built for. That sticker is the calibration for your truck.

Good luck,

:)>-
 

Attachments

  • DCP_0696a.jpg
    DCP_0696a.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 83
I just realized you are the one who posted about starting problems. You can use the color codes I gave you to possibly locate where the plugged hoses go. If they are small plastic tubes, they are color coded to match the diagram. If they are rubber hoses, there may be a colored stripe on it running the length of the hose.
Also the diagram I posted on the other item shows the color better. Unfortunately the chart is for a 351W 4bbl.

Any questions you can either post or PM me. I'll do what I can to help out.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Thanks..
My truck is an 1984 Full Size. I'm not too sure what the make of my carb is, except that is a motorcraft 2 barrel. I am afraid that I no longer have that diagram near my rad support, so I will try to examine your's to try and figure out what is similar. I think i will take a pic of front, left, and right side of carb and motor, and do the same with my air cleaner, and we can all have a little guessing game as to what goes where !!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top