Can I Convert '92 F-150 2x4 To 4x4

  • Thread starter Thread starter sozoman1
  • Start date Start date
S

sozoman1

Guest
I have a 1992 F-150 2x4 with 302 and standard tranny I want to convert to 4x4. I want to take the 4x4 components out of my 1989 full size Bronco to do this. It has a 302 with automatic tranny. Can this be done. I've looked at repair manuals, still not sure. Thanks for any advise.
 
Hello , Yes everything will fit except rear drive shaft will need to be changed for a longer one . If you have both trucks and dont need to buy any parts it will come down to how much is your time worth and do you really want to do the project . For me I like doing the stuff so I would jump right into that project . The only other thing I can think of is if your bronco tranny is an E4OD then you will have to switch the wiring harness and the computer but again if you have both trucks right there it will be no big deal . :D
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top