Calipers?

bluesman17

New Member
My Bronco pulls real hard to the left when braking, is it one of the calipers? It seems the driver side tire is braking the hardest. I just replaced all the ball joints, shocks and had an alignment done. Any one have any idea what it is and how to fix?
 
It could be a caliper sticking, or perhaps a warped rotor causing it. Pull the wheel and inspect the rotor for any uneven wear spots to start with.
 
Do you have stock size or larger tires?
Larger tires can make a small pull a lot worse.
But it sounds like the caliper is sticking and requires a rebuild or a new caliper.
Do both sides to save yourself any issues with the other side sticking as well, which will be readily apparent if not done.
Over size tires, if you have them, can behave like that also, especially if the alignment wasn't done properly to accomidate the oversize tires or if any parts are worn, such as tie rod ends, ball joints etc.
 
My 92 had the same problem. It became noticable after I added the 35's. I just finished lifting my 93 & it has the same problem. Remaned calipers fixed the problem on my 92 & i'm pretty sure its going to be the prob on my 93. By the way mine went to the left on my 92, and its pulling left on my 93. I'll be doing the calipers on my 93 soon since this problem only occurs when I brake and my front end is good. It should do the trick! Good Luck with yours ;)
 
I replaced the calipers on my 86 because they were shot. they were really cheap at napa and they gave me a core refund. i think they were 17 a piece. one thing though is that the reman calipers have a very liberal paint job and you will have to tap the threads for the banjo bolts. do not try to cut the threads with the banjo bolts. i learned that the hard way. Napa does not carry them! :)>-
 
I run 30x9.5x15 right now. What are banjo bolts? Is it possible to get away with just replacing the one i think is messed up until spring or is it better to do both at once? Im sorta tight on money right now.
 
As with any brake work you really should do both sides at the same time.
I know when I get to mine I will be replacing all the lines from the master out, both rotors and calipers and everything in the back drums, hardware, wheel cylinders & backing plates. Everything will be the Fleet service Severe duty parts not the cheap stock stuff. I want to make sure I can stop when I get the bigger tires on.
You don't need to go that overkill so all you need to spend will be about $15 - $20 each.
Good luck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top