C6 Transmissions

I think that you would be better off finding a 4x4 for sale somewhere, I am in the middle of trying to do a simple swap from a 75 front axle to a 77, let me tell you its a bitch to find the appropriate parts needed. I think the best idea for you is to find a 4x4 that you want that isn't running, and put all the parts that are good from your truck into it. Unless you have unlimited funds, and you don't plan on selling the vehicle ever, because you'll never get your money back out of the vehicle
 
sorry I read your question to quick, thought you were doing a 2wd to 4wd conversion, I am allways trying to talk people out of this
 
anybody who tries a 2 to 4wd conversion has to much time and money on there hands......
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
 
tilted78f150 said:
Does anybody know how to convert a 2WD trans. into a 4WD trans. if so any info would be appreciated.......... :D/
[snapback]16340[/snapback]​

THE REAR SHAFT HAS TO BE CHANGED TO A SHORT SHAFT. YOU CAN FIND THE HOUSING AND SHAFT AT A JUNK YARD, THEN JUST TAKE THE TRANNY'S APART AND INTER CAHNGE THE PARTS. ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE EASIER TO JUST FIND A TRANNY ALREADY SETUP. I TOO AM CONVERTING MY P/U FROM 2WD TO 4WD, AND I WENT TO THE JUNKYARD AND RETRIEVED WANT PARTS I NEEDED.
 
RGSPIKER66 said:
THE REAR SHAFT HAS TO BE CHANGED TO A SHORT SHAFT. YOU CAN FIND THE HOUSING AND SHAFT AT A JUNK YARD, THEN JUST TAKE THE TRANNY'S APART AND INTER CAHNGE THE PARTS. ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE EASIER TO JUST FIND A TRANNY ALREADY SETUP. I TOO AM CONVERTING MY P/U FROM 2WD TO 4WD, AND I WENT TO THE JUNKYARD AND RETRIEVED WANT PARTS I NEEDED.
[snapback]16429[/snapback]​


im not converting to 4wd i was just wanting to know how to conv. a 2wd trans. to a 4wd trans. like i said anybody trying to convert a 2wd truck into a 4wd truck has to much money and to much time on there hands
clap.gif
clap.gif
... my truck is a stock 4wd w/4spd and i have a 2wd AT trans. and wanted to see how much trouble it was gonna be ........................
 
i did exactly that to a c-6,took a 2wd trans and pulled it apart changed the rear shaft.I also bought a trans rebuild kit from b&m think it was the master pro or somethng like that,came with all new seals,bearings and frictions was like 180.did as much as the work my self and had a tranny shop intall or remove the things I wasn't sure about.been about a year and it still runs great.all in all I've got like 250 in it.cheap for a rebuilt trans from a car.make sure you run a trans cooler.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top