C6 CONV

WALLY58

New Member
Hi, I am new to this forum, but not to old ford trucks. My son has a 78 Bronco with a slipping C6. We have an oportunity to pick up a performance built C6 pretty cheap, but it is for a 2WD. Does anyone know what it would take to convert this long shaft to the short shaft for his 4wd? We have been tinkering with an old C6 I have trying to figure it out, but were afraid to go to far wih it.

thanks.
 
I did this with a 75 f-100 4x4 and I used a 77 ltd c6. Both had a lot of miles. I swapped the inside discs with the shaft. The swap went smooth, but I didn't use any new gasket or oring seals and both trasn. had at least 150,000 miles and lot's of years. It went pretty smooth and worked pretty good with the minimum of special tool. I think It would of worked longer if I would of used new gaskets and orings. It only lasted about 6 months until reverse went out. Then I bought a rebuilt tranny. The point is it will work with a 2wd tranny, just takes some time.
 
pretty much all you have to do is switch the output shaft, you have to take the tranny all the way apart though. its not a tough job.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top