C4 Transmission

  • Thread starter Thread starter 77bronco
  • Start date Start date
7

77bronco

Guest
I have a 77 Bronco with a C4 trans, Dana 20 transfer case. The trans was overhauled and shifts great, however on hard accel & for some reason worse on left turns, the trans will literally throw fluid out the vent tube. The trans is NOT over filled, actually a quart low now & if I hold the RPM's up for a minute or two, I will still push out fluid. If it makes a difference, I have 35's with 4.88 gears.
Help!
 
SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A VACUUM PROBLEM
PLUGGED UP VACUUM LINE
 
QUOTE (77bronco @ Apr 30 2004, 07:36 AM) I have a 77 Bronco with a C4 trans, Dana 20 transfer case. The trans was overhauled and shifts great, however on hard accel & for some reason worse on left turns, the trans will literally throw fluid out the vent tube. The trans is NOT over filled, actually a quart low now & if I hold the RPM's up for a minute or two, I will still push out fluid. If it makes a difference, I have 35's with 4.88 gears.
Help!
How would a "plugged" vacuum line affect the trans? Honestly, I think I disconnected the vacuum line to the modulator thinking there was to much vacuum.
 
It sounds like you may have a damaged or broken baffle inside the adaptor housing. You might be able to cure the leak by adding a hose extension to the breather. Then at the top of the hose some people like to clamp on a small fuel filter. I don't know how modified your trans is but some mods will literally throw fluid at the vent from the inside. If this is the case, then perhaps a good internal baffle won't be enough. I'm sure it could also be something other than what I have mentioned, but you have at least a few things to check. ~bh :blink:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top