C4 Transmission

Mikeiby

New Member
:blink: Hello, I am trying to put a C4 transmission (or at least I think it is a C4) from a '70 F 100 with a 300 6 into a '84 F 150 also with 300 6 cyl. When I tried to install the transmission it liked about 3/8 to 1/2 inch of going all the way on. I also exchanged the flywheel and the spacer plate from the '70. So, I am wondering if the torque converter went all the way in the transmission. The ends of bolts on the torque converter are even with the front of the bell housing, it seems to me the converter needs to go in more. Can anyone help.
 
:blink: Hello, I am trying to put a C4 transmission (or at least I think it is a C4) from a '70 F 100 with a 300 6 into a '84 F 150 also with 300 6 cyl. When I tried to install the transmission it liked about 3/8 to 1/2 inch of going all the way on. I also exchanged the flywheel and the spacer plate from the '70. So, I am wondering if the torque converter went all the way in the transmission. The ends of bolts on the torque converter are even with the front of the bell housing, it seems to me the converter needs to go in more. Can anyone help.

YO Mike,
I was waiting for someone who knows more to reply. Read this https://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/all-ford-techboard/431685-c4-transmission-installation-problem.html

Torque Converter installation, GENERAL http://www.partshp.com/ConverterInstructions.htm

GL!
------------
See if it is a C4 by looking @ Pan Gasket & Filter pic, 11 Bolt
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/762730_1

The gasket of course, reflects the pan layout
&
Parts Break-Out Diagram w/major components nomenclature
Source: by Chris B (Blue, bronco boy) at http://chrisb.users.superford.org/Misc/Transmission%20Illustrations/Trans_Breakdown_02.JPG

Torque Converter Dimensions
Source: by Monster Transmission & Performance http://racetransmissions.com/mainpages/tech_info/converter_dimensions/index.html
C4 is same as C 6

C4 & C5 Differences
Source: by therangerstation.com http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/AutoTrans.html
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top