C4 Tranmission

  • Thread starter Thread starter Halfcab
  • Start date Start date
H

Halfcab

Guest
I have a 1977 Ford Bronco with a 302 and a C4 transmission. The Bronco has been disassembled for some time and I have a question regarding the installation of the flex plate.

How do you install the flex plate and insure the balance is correct?

There is a balance weight on the flex plate, but the mounting holes in the crankshaft look symmetrical and would allow installation in any orientation. There is a mark or stain from the dowel pin hole in the end of the crankshaft, but I do not necessarily trust the flex plate was installed correctly by the previous owner.

Thanks
Halfcab
 
If you are running a 77 302 engine with stock flexplate and stock harmonic balancer which ever hole lines up first is what you are looking for since it doest matter.77s were external balanced by them.If a 351W was installed depends on what year and what else is used.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top