Buying New Driveshafts

  • Thread starter Thread starter mengbar
  • Start date Start date
M

mengbar

Guest
Any body have any suggestions for a fellow getting ready to buy new driveshats for a 1978 Bronco. I have a 400M engine, C6, NP205, and factory gearing (3.5 :1). Looking for a good source with good balanced shafts. What line does the Broncograveyard carry (have they gone the Dana route to china tubes?)

meng
 
First, if you have the $$$, upgrade to the '79 drive shafts as they have a larger, stronger U-Joint then the '78's. You would have to change the output yoke on the transfer case and input yokes on the 3rd member. I believe the fronts did not change from '78 to '79, but may be wrong. I know the 3rd memeber yoke you can get out of a junkyard, the T-Case yoke you may be able to pick up from Broncograveyard. I have heard mixed reviews about the driveshafts from BGY. I would check with your local speed shops or off road stores and ask them. This is how I found the guy that rebuilt my driveshafts, and I have been happy with his work, even refered him to my friends.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top