Bumpers, Rock Sliders, Etc, That I Build And Sell

David,
What do have in the way of a stronger rear bumper that will hold my spare (33x12.50), Hi-Lift jack, and a can of gas/water? I don't mind the factory swing away spare tire carier, but all I can carry is my spare, and even that is to heavy for the frame.
Ziggy
 
Did you look thru the all the links? I've built a few carriers that shows what you're looking for. I completely agree with your concern... I've seen a couple people carry way too much on their stock carriers. The carriers I build, use hinges from rockstomper.com, and are, basically, trailer stub axles, rated for 1000lb load capacity. The bumpers I build, to hold a carrier like this, can be of any design you want. If there's something different that you want, that I haven't built yet, I can quickly work up an estimate, and we can take it from there.
 
Your picture marked "tools-up" is basically what I'm loolking for. What would the cost and shipping run me?
 
Here's a front shot of that
http://www.superford.org/getfile.php?id=38...ize&f=tools.JPG

That carrier will cost about $300, because of the amount of time it takes to build that. But as it's shown, it's built to carry 3 cans, a hi-lift, shovel, axe, cb antenna mount, and one aux light. If that's ordered with a bumper, then the price drops to $250 + the cost of the bumper + shipping

I need to get your city, state, and zip, then I can get a shipping estimate to you. Also, if it's possible, shipping to a business address is far better for me, than shipping to a home address, as these are to big, and heavy, for fedex ground home delivery
 
I forgot to add, I also build custom crossmembers, for those that want to drop their coils and shocks, for an extra 3" of lift in the front

getfile.php


getfile.php



Again, for any order that originates from this site, I'll be making a $20 donation in your name
 
Just finished a front winch bumper, for a guy in NY -

98% done, pre-powder coating -
 

Attachments

  • front_shot_lower.JPG
    front_shot_lower.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 12
The price for that most recent bumper shown, has increased in price. It is now $750, and the powder coating is a $200 option, and will have to be truck shipped... apparently, fedex closed my account, because I used them to ship that bumper, and fudged on the dimensions just a bit :lol:
 
Hi David,

I saw your pic of the rock slider. How much for a pair of those? I have a 78 Bronco that would love to wear a pair of those!

BigDonkey :)>-
 
David, how much for this bumperhttp://www.superford.org/getfile.php?id=83540&toggle=fullsize&f=Blazes-rear-bumper.jpg

It will be going on an 88.
 
The "roof" rack I build is, more or less, a cargo rack in that it bolts to the Bronco's tub, and doesn't touch the hardtop. Bare, the rack is $490. That includes the basket and the frame. This allows for the hardtop to be removed, without removing any of the cargo rack. I do offer options with it, including spare tire hold-down, hi-lift mount, light tabs, shovel/axe mount, tie-down hooks, gas can mount, and a hinged "tailgate". Because of the frame, it may, or may not, necessitate the trimming of the hardtop, and the bedside, to allow for the frame to be mounted to the bedrail

Thanks for the interest,
David
 
up-high.JPG


before-swampers.JPG


The rear legs of the frame, are where you would do the trimming. I thought I had a picture of that, but I don't. I'm trying to make a design change, where trimming wouldn't be necessary. Currently, I'm using 5/16" plate, which is entirely too thick. I'll be using 3/16" for yours, should you decide to place an orderHowever, you would be needing to bolt it down to the roof's B-pillar. This does a number of things - allows for hardtop removal w/o having to remove the rack, makes the rack capable of carrying heavier loads w/o fear of damage to the hardtop, and stiffens the Bronco tub

I should make it know, that any orders I do, are being done on my personal time, after work, and on weekends. Because of this, it usually takes me about an extra week or two, to send an order, so I do ask for some patience

And because of it's size, it will be truck shipped, thru Saia, Inc. Ideally, it would go to a business address, or picked up at their trucking terminal. Otherwise, Saia adds a $45 Residential Delivery charge. I do require a 50% deposit, payable thru paypal, or a postal money order, with the balance, plus shipping cost, due upon completion.

I'm extremely busy this month, so if you're seriously interested in placing an order, and can wait until early January, that'd be easier for both of us Plus, since the racks I've built have only been for 78-9's so far, I need to try to find a third Gen Bronco, to make sure my current design will work - I can't imagine why not, but I want to be sure, first

Thanks,
David
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top