Broncos And Boredom....

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigNasty
  • Start date Start date
B

BigNasty

Guest
How many here feel that we do what we do, raising, lifting, restoring, getting muddy etc and using our broncos as daily drivers, just so we can alleviate other peoples boring, bland commute in the sea of generic cookie cutter sport utes and compacts?

I feel, every day, especially after the 'holy chit thats a big truck!' looks, that I made a difference in someones life by bringing a smile to their otherwise dreary day :D


Just rambling thoughts......
 
other rambling thoughts....

Anyone remember the commercial that had a bunch of guys in an SUV, cruising along, hitting bumps and saying things like 'pot hole' 'speed bump' tree limb' rabbit - yep, Volkswagen' ?

I think that every time some loud piped slow ricer pulls out in front of me at the last minute.
 
Last random thought for now....

Since Ford has decided to revive the Bronco name...

How about the first commercial being the new bronco, riding across a field of square crushed cars, all sporting shiny bowties with Bob Segers 'Like a Rock' as the bumper music..
 
Size and relative proportions of big trucks and little cars...

Seeing the differences daily, between being able to see over nearly everything on the road these days and then riding in a small merc capri convertible today, got me thinking very seriously on whether golf balls look like Disneys epcot center to ants.

Large objects on earth, visible to astronauts in earths orbit...

Mountain chains.. the great wall of china... others I can't recall... But I often wonder what nasa would think if our broncos were easily seen from space....

Anyone ever had the fear of small aircraft landing on the trails in front of you when you have seven KC daylighters on at the same time at night?
 
BigNasty said:
I think that every time some loud piped slow ricer pulls out in front of me at the last minute.
They just do that because yours is purty. They don't do that to my dirty old dented up paint peeling truck. I'll run right into them. Almost got to put a notch in my belt for a BMW z3 the other day. If he'd just kept coming over a little longer. I guess he thought I was just going to back off and let him cut in after he passed the line of cars behind me in the turn lane. Man how I wish he'd kept coming.

The best though is getting those people that run up exit ramps then forcing them to take the exit by pacing them.

heard a guy the other day call a guy a ----head for not letting him in after he tried one of those run-up-the-wrong-lane and cut in at the last second moves. I made him miss his turn, and go three blocks out of his way on one way streets for that one. If he hadn't cut back into his lane he probably would have lost his front fender. Figure why should he cut ahead when the rest of us waited like rational humans. The guy behind me was laughing his butt off, so yeah I guess I do brighten some people's days with my Bronco.

Brad
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top