Bronco Got The Lean

  • Thread starter Thread starter 95XLT
  • Start date Start date
9

95XLT

Guest
95 Bronco XLT is leaning to the left, 2 inches lower than the right, if u look at it face on. Got some new 2 inch lift coils (to fit 33's) , and had to get 6 new shocks anyway.

Will the coils correct the problem? What is the problem? How to fix? I was told to get coils, now i am hearing not to get any of these parts..

Thanks,

Andrew
 
might just have bad shocks on one side. or worn out springs. it could really be a number of things. all new springs might be the best.
 
If you have an aftermarket sway bar installed in the back, check the position of the axle mount brackets. I had a slight lean and while checking stuff under the truck I noticed that one had shifted up :huh: . Once back in the proper position the lean was gone :rolleyes: . For the present I just retightened the U-bolt clamps, not sure I want to weld them in position because I wated to be able to easily remove them, so I'll keep a closer eye on their position @-) . The clue :ph34r: that tipped me off to them being out of position in the first place was the angle of the connection to the chassis, it was tilted back instead of 90 degrees to the chassis.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Did you just install the coils? Or are they old?
Shocks will not effect a lean unless they are bent and not allowing them to extend. You could try pulling it off and see. Otherwise the coil is worn out if it happend over time.
 
Well thanks everyone for the info.

Just got the parts yesterday. The shocks are merely cause the old ones were stock, and it's a 95, and theyre rusty as hell, and basically I wanted cooler shocks.

But the coils, they serve a couple purposes... 1, as a method to sneak a small raise in , without having to buy a lift kit or get pitman arms, just so i can fit 33's.

The other was to solve that damn leaning problem. The nose is lower than the back, and the left side is low. The coils were a recommended solution from a friend, and then the guy at Grizzly.

So... I have the receipt... the shocks stay but if the coils aren't going to solve it, I can take them back. Anyhoo there will be a bronco picture up in the next two weeks or so, after all the work done

Thanks again for the help

Andrew
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top