Bronco Exhaust

texastrucker

New Member
Ive cut the exhaust back to the manifolds adn am looking to do my exhaust true dual. But instead of spending hundreds to have it done i was going to do it myself but dont have access to a pipe bender and was wonderin where i can get some prebent pipe for a bronco! Let me know if you know of any places, i need to get this done so i can get it inspected. :blink:




Turner

:)>-
 
If you don't have a lift on it, you wil have to go down the passenger side with both pipes. To go down the driver side, you will need atlest a 4" lift. Don't know of any prebent pipes for you though, perhaps someone else on the site can help with that.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
What year is your truck? NAPA has 2 1/2" prebent tail pipes for the factory same side exit. On my '89, I unbolted the collector box, which left me with duals up to the manifolds, made a 3/8" steel plate to match the one left on the truck, and welded in 2 straight pieces of 2 1/2 ( if I remember correctly, they were right at 6' each). I did carry my straight pipes to a muffler shop, and have them bent 6" apart behide the trans cross member, and also in front, so I could place my mufflers in side by side ($35), and add future high flow cats, then used the NAPA tail pipes.

You might can scrounge the bone yards for a late "80s model with this set up, if you dont mind both pipes exiting the same side. May be easier then trying to find a shop to do it for you. None here will.
 
What you need is space over the transfer case. I don't think te spring lift will give you any more clearance betwee the body and the transfer case. However I use to have them both going down the passenger side and then after the transfer case the driver side crossed back over to the muffler and exited out the left side. I was told that a X pipe should have been used to even out the pressure from more than one cylinder firing on the same side consecutively.

Good luck,

:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top