Brake Rotors F 150 4 Wdr

af ford able

New Member
can you seperate the hub from the rotor with a simple block of wood and hammer i have never tried this method before the truck is a 4 wdr just trying to save a few bucks if i can. [-o<
 
If they are anything at all like the ones on my 93 Bronco I dont' think so. I replaced them about a year ago and everyone kept telling me that is what I had to do. The problem was that they wouldn't come apart. Turns out that they are one piece and go for about 100 bucks each......... yeah it sucks... good luck
 
I changed mine recently on a 91 f150 with auto-hubs and in order to get the rotor apart from the hub assembly I had to disassemble the hub mechanism (which allowed me to take the hub casing and rotor out)and then take a air hammer and punch out each stud and then the rotor and hub casing came apart. Just remember when you put it back together to press the studs in straight.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top