Brake M/c "reed"

  • Thread starter Thread starter froggy47
  • Start date Start date
F

froggy47

Guest
I replaced the brake m/c with a new NAPA but it did not come with the "reed". I don't know why it's called a reed, but this is the sensor for low brake fluid. Instructions said reuse old one & I did but the old one is pretty crappy & all with 150k miles on it. Still works I guess - no "brake" warning light.

NAPA does not have the part & Ford wants $250 for complete m/c and reed.

Anyone know of a source for just the sensor (reed)?

Thanks.
 
If it works and it is just for the idiot light, why bother replacing it?

Jeff
 
It's my for my daughter & she'll have it at college next year about 300 miles away. If it fails & I'm not around she won't know what to do. When I see a part that's likely to fail I usually replace it. That's just me. All my rigs are over maintained.

I'll let a cosmetic thing go before I will a mechanical. Most people probably would have said the brakes were ok with the old m/c but I could feel the soft pedal:)
 
Is there such a thing as Over Maintaned ???

i try to go through my rig atleast once a month and give her a good looking over


Jake
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top